So back in 2016 all off my 18th century clothing got stolen- every stitch of it, my nasty aprons, my black silk bonnet, my silver snuff box, everything. This year I’m finally rebuilding my wardrobe. I finished these stays a couple days ago. They took 8 days of constant sewing and minimal screaming (quarantine protect #1). The boning channels are machine sewn, and the rest of it was sewn by hand. I am so glad I decided to bind it with leather this time, even though it was fiddlesome and murder on my fingers, it’s cozy as can be. I’m annoyed with myself for using such a thin material for the outside fabric (though I like the stripes). The next thing to make is a cap!
#historicalcostuming #sewingproject #18thcentury #18thcenturyfashion #stays #underpinnings #vintage #retro #isewmyownclothes #costume #linen #georgian #quarantine